As far as luxury safari destinations go, it does not get more spectacular than Eagle Island Lodge – a remote, intimate stilted safari camp situated on Xaxaba Island in the Moremi Reserve. Here you can enjoy a host of activities, from game drives to birding, mokoro excursions and so much more. Each of the raised safari tents is fully equipped with every luxury you may need for the perfect stay, while the main camp also boasts excellent facilities along with world-class service that ensures that you stay is one you will treasure forever. Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the beautiful Okavango Delta in style as you unwind and relax at this outstanding camp.
As one of the premier camps for a truly luxurious Botswana safari experience, Eagle Island has everything you could ever wish for – raised safari tents, fine dining, plenty to see and do, plus outstanding service provided by the team of friendly guides and staff at the camp.
Highlights include the following:
– Luxury safari camp with 12 safari chalets, each positioned on raised platforms overlooking the lagoon.
– Each chalet is fully equipped with twin beds, en-suite bathrooms, vanity units, sitting areas, fans and other amenities.
– Facilities within the lodge include bar, lounge, dining areas, swimming pool, laundry service, library and plenty of lounge and viewing areas.
– Activities on offer include day and night game drives, mokoro excursions, bird watching, guided walks, horseback riding, helicopter flight and hot air ballooning!
– Spot a large variety of wildlife and bird life, with elephant, lion, leopard and many other species.
Experience the wonders of the Moremi Wildlife Reserve with an Okavango safari experience you will treasure for years to come. With so much to see and do on each day of your safari, no day is ever the same – partake in the numerous camp activities or simply spend your hours on a comfortable lounger as you watch elephant stroll past.
CHAT TO OUR SAFARI EXPERT!
Daisy Du Plessis
About "Belmond Eagle Island Lodge"Enquire
Family Adventure : Cape Town, Rovos Rail, Sabi Sands, Vic Falls and Botswana
This US family with young adult kids had a ball on their trip which started in Cape Town with the amazing Charlie as their guide. Then they took Rovos Rail (possibly a bit too stuffy for the kids?) north to their safari at Nottens (one of our favourite camps in the Sabi Sands.) They then flew to Victoria Falls in Zambia and then onto another safari in Botswana’s Chobe National Park and Okavango Delta.