From its ideal location in the Moremi Reserve,Khwai River Lodge takes its name from the river on which it lies. This river forms part of the myriad waterways that comprise the Okavango Delta, a lush paradise of interlinked rivers and water channels that is flanked by reeds and rivine vegetation. Wildlife and bird life in this area is abundant, offering the perfect chance to witness the rich diversity of the Moremi area from the comfort of your luxury Africa safari lodge. Enjoy a host of activities during your stay, or simply relax at camp to take in the stunning scenery as you unwind. Khwai River offers the perfect place to enjoy the many sights and sounds of the Moremi area from the luxury of an elegant and well-equipped lodge.
With so much to see and do, each day brings a new adventure as you explore the Okavango and its many attractions.
Some of the key highlights at the lodge include the following:
– Small luxury safari lodge that has a total of 15 safari suites, including a secluded honeymoon suite for newly-weds to begin their first days of married bliss
– Each thatched safari tent is fully equipped with every amenity, with twin beds, air-conditioning and private viewing platform – the honeymoon suite also includes a private plunge pool
– Facilities within the lodge itself include swimming pool, lounge area, air-conditioned library, fully stocked bar, dining area, conference facilities and viewing areas
– Wildlife and bird life in the area is abundant, with a range of game to be seen including large numbers of elephant, hippo, lion and antelope, plus hundreds of bird species
– Enjoy a host of activities including mokoro excursions, game drives (day and night), nature walks, star gazing, birding and more