Xigera Safari Lodge is situated in the western Moremi Game Reserve in Botswana’s Okavango Delta. This pristine wetland paradise is home to a great variety of wildlife including leopard and lion; elephant, buffalo and hippo; and giraffe, lechwe, reedbuck and sitatunga. Open floodplains studded with Ilala palms surround the densely wooded island that houses Xigera Safari Lodge. Impressive jackalberry, mangosteen and leadwood trees form an ancient canopy under which the lodge is nestled.
All 12 suites have been carefully sited so as to give endless views out over the floodplains and the chance to watch passing wildlife. The 11 standard suites include a separate lounge, bedroom, dressing area, full bathroom and outdoor shower and feature DSTV, Wi-Fi and air-conditioning, as well as a private deck with a daybed offering uninterrupted floodplain views. The Xigera Family Suite consists of two complete full bedrooms each with their own full bathroom, dressing area and outdoor shower and all the offerings found in a normal suite, joined by an interleading lounge area that opens up onto a deck with a daybed.
Key highlights include the following:
– Incredibly luxurious safari lodgesituated in a remote part of the Moremi Reserve
– Each safari tent is beautifully furnished, and includes comfortable beds, en-suite bathrooms and an outdoor shower
– Facilities within the camp itself include lounge, pub and dining area plus a boma and a refreshing plunge pool to stay cool
– Look out for a host of game and birdlife, with many species to be seen including red lechwe, lion, and spotted hyena
– Enjoy a number of activities such as game drives, mokoro excursions, birding and plenty more besides
If the combination of exotic surroundings, thrilling game drives and sumptuous safari accommodation is your idea of the perfect Botswana safari then look no further than Xigera Camp.
- Outside Shower