To put the perfect itinerary together for you, it’s vital that you understand exactly WHERE TO GO IN AFRICA to fulfil a ‘dream safari adventure’ that resonates with YOU.
Here’s our “Hot in Africa” destination highlights list for you to discover what makes each location so unique.
This land‐embraced southern African country is home to some of the most legendary game reserves, and teeming with diversity of wildlife, breathtaking beauty, and truly incredible people.
- Explore the Okavango Delta, one of the world’s most significant and unique wetlands
- Discover the magic of the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
- Lose yourself in the vast, dry beauty of the Kalahari
- Meet the San bushmen and learn about the fascinating culture of Africa’s First People
- Witness the massive elephant and buffalo herds of Chobe National Park
Perfect for couples and families alike, Botswana’s small luxury camps and intimate lodges are committed to protecting wilderness areas and benefiting local people, you know your safari is going to have a positive impact on people and planet.
MAKGADIKGADI SALT PANS
MEET THE SAN PEOPLE
CHOBE NATIONAL PARK
The celebrated ‘Rainbow Nation’ is perfect for a single‐country safari, offering a spectacular variety of experiences: from cosmopolitan city adventures to majestic mountains, worldclass wine farms, World Heritage Sites, sparkling beaches, legendary game reserves and the most remote escapes in breathtakingly beautiful places.
This exciting diversity has earned it a title we love: “The World in One Country”!
- Unrivalled diversity: from the wildlife, to people and landscapes
- Get right up close up to the Big Five!
- The best weather is here: South Africa and sunshine are synonymous!
- Affordable and superb value for money
- Cape Town, voted one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Pristine beaches and incredible marine life – whales, penguins, and great white sharks
KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
MAGNIFICENT MARINE LIFE
THE CAPE WINELANDS
With award‐winning luxury lodges and hotels, and a fascinatingly rich history that dates back millions of years to the birth of mankind, South Africa offers fantastic value for money and is a breeze to explore.
South Africa is perfect for:
- Young families who love the variety of action-packed, memory-making educational experiences
- Multi-generational families who love bonding time and storytelling around the campfire under the African stars
- Honeymooners who…
- dream of basking in the romantic glow of Africa’s extraordinary sunsets, on safari or at the beach
- who love being able to afford the most expensive wine on the menu
- who love being made to feel special with spa treatments, upgrades, private starlit dinners, and intimate picnics
- Nature lovers who love the great outdoors: vast tracts of wilderness to explore, mountains to climb, unique ecosystems to learn about, and endless coastal depths to dive.
South Africa will capture your heart – and require more than one safari to explore her stunning hidden gems. This ‘World in One Country’ makes South Africa one of our most highly recommended African safari destinations.
The quintessential home of the historic safari, Kenya is where it all began back at the turn of the 20th Century. Known the world over for the majesty of the Masai Mara and the epic Great Wildebeest Migration, Kenya is also one of the best family-friendly destinations in Africa, offering an incredible opportunity for children to connect with the wilderness and have fun in the process.
- Float over the Masai Mara in a hot air balloon
- Be surrounded by massive herds of migrating wildebeest and zebra
- Children of all ages will love meeting Maasai warriors
- A wide selection of accommodation types – from exclusive tented camps to luxury lodges, and even mobile camps
- Stay in classic Hemingway-style tented camps for that ‘Out of Africa’ safari feeling
- Spectacular landscapes from the Great Plains all the way to Mount Kenya and the Rift Valley
- The coastline is also a major drawcard, where the warm waters of the Indian Ocean kiss picture‐perfect, soft white sand beaches, giving you the chance to combine the bush with the beach on the same vacation
- The iconic Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest peak, can be seen from the magnificent plains of Amboseli National Park, renowned especially for its elephants.
Kenya is perfect for:
- Bucketlist travelers wanting to experience the wildebeest migration
- Multi-generational families getting together for a special reunion
- Honeymooners seeking the romance and adventure of a thrilling safari followed by chillaxing time on a tropical beach
THE WILDEBEEST MIGRATION
MOUNT KILIMANJARO VIEWED FROM AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK
GREAT PLAINS | RIFT VALLEY | MOUNT KENYA
KENYA’S COASTAL BEAUTY
Why we love Tanzania as a destination that has something special for everyone:
- The towering ramparts of the Ngorongoro Crater
- The home of Kilimanjaro, whose lofty, snow‐capped peak towers above the clouds not far from the border with neighbouring Kenya.
- The vast horizons of the Serengeti
- The great lakes of Tanganyika and Manyara
- The remote wildernesses of Ruaha and Nyerere National Park
- The cultural melting pot of exotic Zanzibar
- Tanzania is blessed with a staggeringly diverse range of species from pink flamingoes to chimpanzees and everything in between
- The Great Wildebeest Migration spends half of each year here, traversing the Serengeti along with hundreds of thousands of zebra
- Tanzania is also recognized as one of the birthplaces of mankind, thanks to the discoveries of early hominid remains at Olduvai Gorge, close to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Along with Mount Meru, Kilimanjaro is a drawcard for mountaineers the world over
Tanzania is perfect for:
- Safari purists who want an immersive and diverse safari experience
- Second-time-to-Africa travelers who have more time to spend on safari
- Honeymooners who are adventurous and looking to create lifelong memories.
- Bucketlist travelers who have the Ngorongoro Crater on their wish list
- Active travelers who dream of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
THE NGORONGORO CRATER
THE GREAT LAKES OF TANGANYIKA & MANYARA
RUAHA & NYERERE NATIONAL PARKS
GREAT MIGRATION THROUGH THE SERENGETI
OLDUVAI GORGE | MOUNT MERU | MOUNT KILIMANJARO
Welcome to big game country! If the Big Five (lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant) are on your bucket list, then Zimbabwe is just perfect for you, offering amazing opportunities to see these iconic creatures in their pristine, natural habitat.
- Hwange and Mana Pools National Parks are renowned for their outstanding game viewing and gorgeous landscapes
- Home to breathtaking Victoria Falls, ‘The Smoke That Thunders’ is one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World and the planet’s largest falling sheet of water!
- Victoria Falls is a thrilling adventure hub filled with exciting things to do and see, and a must for adrenaline junkies! From helicopter flips and bungee jumping to white water rafting and jet boating, boredom is not an option!
- If you want to explore more off‐the‐beaten track safari destinations, then we’d highly suggest the impressive Matobo Hills and Gonarezhou National Parks
Zimbabwe is perfect for:
- Bucketlist travelers who seek out Wonders of the World like the Victoria Falls!
- Families who like lots of action and adventure
- Travelers wanting to contribute to community upliftment
- Honeymooners looking for great value and lots of fun nature activities
- Birders looking to tick off a wide variety of species
- Travelers wanting excellent local guides with fascinating stories to tell
HWANGE NATIONAL PARK
VICTORIA FALLS | ADRENALINE ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES
REMOTE LOCATIONS | MATOBO HILLS & GONAREZHOU NATIONAL PARKS
With its mighty rivers, abundant wildlife, and warm, friendly people, Zambia is fast emerging as one of Southern Africa’s top safari destinations. From its impeccably maintained, absolutely stunning national parks, South Luangwa, Lower Zambezi, and Kafue are the real stars!
- Home of the walking safari where you are truly immersed in the wild heart of the bush, every sense alive to the unique sounds, scents, textures, and sights around you
- Famous for its small, remote bush camps that offer soul‐stirring, authentic wilderness experiences
- Zambia is full of wonderful, owner‐operated camps and lodges that are simply out of this world
- Zambia shares the Victoria Falls and a good swathe of the Zambezi River with neighboring Zimbabwe, but offers some exclusive activities only found within its borders, such as swimming in the death‐defying Devil’s Pool on the lip of the main cataract and micro-lighting above the falls, flying through the “Smoke That Thunders”!
Zambia is perfect for:
- Walking safari enthusiasts
- Travelers wanting to travel with purpose
- Safari purists looking for very remote wildlife experiences
- Travelers with time to spend on a journey to pristine destinations
- Families with older children looking for immersive, educational wilderness experiences
SMALLER, INTIMATE OWNER-OPERATED CAMPS & LODGES
LIVINGSTONE | VICTORIA FALLS | DEVIL’S POOL
Known as ‘the land God made in anger’, at first glance it’s not hard to see why! Namibia’s landscapes have a dramatic, stark beauty all of their own…
This vast desert nation is home to some of the most harsh and challenging environments in Africa, and its exceptional desert-adapted wildlife are as unique as their environments. Its people, too, have learned to live in tune with nature in some of the most remote settlements on the planet, with their rich and ancient cultures dating back thousands of years.
- Disappear into Damaraland‘s surreal landscape with its desolate, lunar-like outcroppings and desert-adapted elephants
- Climb the towering red dunes of Sossusvlei / oryx
- Traverse the Skeleton Coast‘s wild lengths of ravaged beaches / brown hyena / seals / shipwrecks
- Be dazzled by the hot, shimmering white landscape of the Etosha Pans
- Namibia’s big skies are the stuff of legend, especially at night when they offer some of the best star‐gazing in Africa
- The peace, solitude and silence of the desert is profoundly beautiful and restorative – and travelers find themselves being drawn back time and again for this special magnetic magic
Namibia is perfect for:
- High-end travelers who prefer to fly into exclusive, remote locations
- Self-drive travelers with time to explore this vast land
- Honeymooners looking for extreme privacy
- Photographers will love the ancient big sky landscapes
- Safari purists wanting to track desert animals like rhino and elephant
- Families wanting a variety of wildlife and cultural experiences
- Wellness travelers looking for solitude and peace
Want to go on safari?
Now that you’ve seen each of the very different destinations and their unique experiences, wildlife and landscapes, what most whet your African safari appetite?
Once you know, we can then begin putting your perfect-for-you itinerary together!
Talk with one of our talented travel consultants today about getting you to Africa as soon as possible.