African Safari Cape Town Weekend Getaway Sweepstakes
Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST (or the “Promotion”). A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (or “Official Rules”). You have not yet won. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Any violation of these Official Rules may result in disqualification, without notice to the violator. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all respects.
1. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to African Safari Consultants LLC and its partners and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for marketing and to contact you if you are a winner. All marketing correspondence has the option to opt out of said correspondence at any time. African Safari Consultants LLC accommodation partners are Table Mountain Aerial Cableway; African Inspirational Marketing Group; La Cle de Montagnes; and Warwick Wine Estate.
2. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. Winner will receive 1 nights/2 days in South Africa during the period January – December 2013 for two people. The prize includes one night hotel accommodation and breakfast for two, a picnic and Wine tour for two, a Cable Car trip for two, and lunch for two (to the value of R250 per head). Package does not include any other meals in Cape Town, incidental items of a personal nature, gratuities, travel insurance, airport taxes, fuel surcharges or booking fees. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US$ 1300.00. Any difference between actual retail value of the prize and the approximate retail value will not be awarded.
Travel must take place during January to December 2013, and prizes are subject to availability. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes described above at sponsors’ discretion for a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes not specifically mentioned herein, are the sole responsibility of the potential grand prize winner. The prize may be redeemed as a stand-alone prize; or it may be used as an addition (add-on) to an existing itinerary.
3. Winner determination: potential winner will be determined in a random drawing on or about the 2nd January 2013 by African Safari Consultants, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by email or a phone call on or about the 3rd January 2013. A Facebook announcement will be made on or about the 3rd January 2013. To be elevated to a winner the potential winner will be required to provide the following within fourteen (14) days of notification: 1) a signed affidavit of eligibility and liability release; 2) a publicity release; and 3) any other affidavits or releases or documents that may be required by the sponsor. Failure to provide this documentation will mean a forfeiture of the prize by the potential winner. If a potential winner cannot be located or does not respond within fourteen (14) days, the prize will automatically be forfeited. Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. Prize is not redeemable for cash and is/is not transferable, except with written permission granted from African Safari Consultants LLC.
4. Eligibility: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Must be at least 18 years of age to enter. This sweepstakes is open to residents worldwide except for the following and their employees, contractors and their families: African Safari Consultants LLC. This sweepstakes is open to old and new fans alike. All federal, state and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local taxes are the winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize. Winner may be required to show proof of age and residency.
5. How to Enter: During the sweepstakes entry period [19th October 2012 to 31st December 2012] entrants submit an entry online via the African Safari Consultants LLC Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SafariConsultants by submitting their name, email address, address, and telephone number. You must have a valid Facebook account in order to enter. Setting up a Facebook account is free of charge. Entrants using Facebook must ‘like’ African Safari Consultants LLC prior to the entry entry process. Entries displaying or containing profanity or that are obscene, and all incomplete entries, will be disqualified. Sweepstakes entrants must meet all relevant eligibility requirements listed herein. ALL ONLINE ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11.59PM (EDT) the 31st December 2012. ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, HOUSEHOLD AND/OR PER E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL BE ACCEPTED. The only entries that will be considered as valid are those entered at the entry site prior to the expiration of the entry period. No entry will be accepted or deemed valid if it is submitted through any other means. Only completed entries will be eligible for the prize. All entries received after the end of the Promotion Period will be void and will not be eligible for the prize. The Sponsors will not verify receipt of entries, and proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by the Sponsors. Entry materials are automatically null and void if not obtained through the authorized channels or if any part is late, incomplete, illegible, or contains typographical or other errors. The Sponsors have no obligation to notify the participant of the disqualified entry. All entries submitted become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. All decisions of the Sponsors are final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors are not required to review or respond to any correspondence received from an entrant regarding the Promotion.
The Sponsors, African Safari Consultants LLC, prize suppliers and any and all Internet server(s) and access provider(s) and prize providers (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including without limitation any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the sweepstakes; inability to access the entry site or any web pages thereof; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any web site (including the entry site) or for any other reason whatsoever; typographical, printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of entering information at entry site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, incomplete, and duplicate entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Acceptance of prize also constitutes permission to use winner’s name, biographical information and/or likeness for Sponsor’s promotional and/or advertising purposes without notice or compensation. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible. By entering the sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these official rules. The sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. By entering the sweepstakes, entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the County of New York, State of New York and waive the right to have disputes arising out of the subject matter hereof adjudicated in any other forum. Any entry information collected from the sweepstakes shall be used only in a manner consistent with the consent given by entrants at the time of the entry, with these official rules.
6. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsors’ sole control. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
If contestants are entering electronically and this sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this sweepstakes or any portion thereof. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If a dispute arises about who submitted an entry on the Entry Site, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account entered (account holder must be at least 18 years old). The authorized account holder is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry and that all eligibility requirements are met.
Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, suspend, modify, or terminate the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the end of the Promotion Period, the Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, select a Winner from all eligible entries received as of the termination date
7. Note: Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the entry site. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this sweepstakes. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Official rules are also available at the entry site during the entry period of the sweepstakes.
8. Passports: All visitors must be in possession of a passport valid until 6 months after their return date in order to enter South Africa, unless the winner is a South African citizen. The passport must also contain at least TWO unused, consecutive pages when presenting the passport for endorsements. Additional pages will be necessary if you plan on travelling to other African countries during your trip.
9. VISAS: US citizens DO NOT require a visa to enter South Africa. You must, however, have two, consecutive, blank pages in your passport. Also, if you intend to visiting other African countries, please check with African Safari Consultants. For more information look at the US Department of State travel page for South Africa at https://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1008.html.
10. Travel Insurance: We highly recommend that you take out medical and travel insurance before you leave home. Please contact our insurance consultant, Pari Morse, for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Personal Information: The personal information collected through this sweepstakes will be used by African Safari Consultants LLC and its partners for marketing purposes only. All correspondence will carry the option to opt out at any time. The information collected will not be sold or made available in any way to any natural or juristic persons but those listed as African Safari Consultants LLC Partners on the African Safari Consultants LLC partner tab, located at https://www.facebook.com/SafariConsultants.